A Sparky's refresher to invoicing

Whether you’re a sparky who has seen everything or new to the game creating your Invoices can still be tricky. Many sole traders and small companies struggle with paperwork and what exactly needs to be included. So we’ve put together a simple list for you to know exactly what you SHOULD include, and what you MUST include on your electricians invoices.
Here is what you SHOULD include -

Are you 'responsive' to your customers needs?

My Local Electrician recently conducted a poll amongst its readers asking how they prefer to keep up to date with the latest electrical industry news.
53% of respondents indicated they used a laptop, MAC or PC to access the latest news. This leaves 47% of respondents who access news on an alternative device such as a tablet, Smart phone or other mobile device. This is practically half the market, so what can be done to ensure your business does not lose potential customers to competitors?

Vent-Axia Supports Noise Action Week with its Silent Fan

Leading British fan manufacturer Vent-Axia is delighted to be supporting Noise Action Week (20-24 May 2013) by offering a solution to noisy extract fans with its innovative Silent Fan. Holding the Noise Abatement Society’s Quiet Mark 2013, the Silent Fan recently featured in the Quiet Mark’s Quiet House at the Ideal Home Show (15th March – 1st April 2013, London’s Earls Court). Operating at just 16dB(A) the Silent Fan is the quietest ever intermittent bathroom and toilet fan – a significant 75% quieter than typical intermittent bathroom fans.

Biggest show yet for NICEIC LIVE Epsom

More than 700 visitors filled out Epsom Downs for one of the electrical industry’s premier conference and exhibition events – NICEIC Live South. Now in its third year at Epsom Downs Racecourse this was the biggest show yet, with more seminars, presentations, exhibitors and visitors than ever before.
Former fashion designer and current social housing guru Wayne Hemmingway MBE was the star attraction. He inspired the audience with the story of his rise from market stall holder to a much sought after design expert.

Competent Person Scheme Operators